Tuesday, October 19, 2010

His Name is Khan


I'm not a big fan of reality tv shows, especially the Filipino versions. But now, one of my best friends since childhood is on one. And now I'm practically glued on Youtube.

Growing up with Genghis, I have always known him as "big". Always.

Big in personality. Big in laughs. Big in generosity. Big in appetite. Big in wisdom. Big in heart. Big in size. Big.

Being friends with him is like being buddies with Tom Hanks' character in "Big", except he never wished himself back to size.

My son was ecstatic when I showed Genghis' video on Youtube . My wife was equally surprised as I was (he "lied" and told us he was going to attend this year's comic con in San Diego). (Nice one, dude)

I can't wait to see him healthier and lighter, but I bet it would take a lot of getting used to. I have known him since I was 12 years old! I guess part of our job when he gets back is to make sure he keeps off those pounds he's lost (and will lose). In fact, seeing him struggle and persevere inspires me a lot to lose the pounds I gained over the vacation (which was about five years ago).

In spite of his size, he did have injuries back then so i know he can get through the strenuous physical activities. When he was in the US, he broke his leg or something while playing high school varsity football (with enough training, he probably could have been the next William Perry). The guy has tried to get healthier many a times already, and I cannot be more excited for him after seeing the results he's putting up on each show.

He may be on The Biggest Loser, but he is always a winner. You can catch Genghis Khan Enrique on The Biggest Loser Asia season 2 every Tuesday night at 9:00 PM on Diva Universal Channel.


Word Count: 325

No comments: