Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Organize Your Papers Workshop

Michelle and I attended a workshop entitled "Organize Your Papers", which was facilitated by none other than Kat Ong, the only Filipino member of the National Association of Professional Organizers.  I wanted to declutter my work space at the office, and my beloved wife is going to declutter my play area at home :-).  Ms. Jade Galvan, our coordinator for placement at the Asian Institute of Management, also joined us.

The work shop was held last July 16, 2011 at the Filipinas Heritage Library corner of Makati Avenue and Ayala Avenue- it was my first time at this place and I have to say that  anyone working in Makati should visit it.  Why? Aside from the cool art works, literature, and memorabilia they display/sell, the building used to be the control tower of the former Manila International Terminal (airport).

Yes - Makati used to be an airport! I remember my dad telling me this, but I totally forgot about it.  And having Kat's workshop inside the control tower was awesome (geek alert).

Her workshop ran for three hours, and I have to say it was well worth Php 1,800.  I won't be sharing her tips and techniques on this post (sorry), but I do intend to implement what she has shared real soon (in fact, I have started buying new folders and filing equipment for my office).  Fret not, because Kat's solutions are affordable and most importantly DOABLE!.

Visit her website at http://spacethatworks.com/organizer.html and join her next workshop (for the fashionistas out there, I heard she also can help you organize your closet).

1 comment:

Master Joh said...

+1 for Jade Galvan! hahahaha